Here at 3D Folkes, we are proud to be one of the few UK design and manufacturing companies offering environmentally friendly 3D printing services; since 2018, we have been working exclusively with Filamentive, a specialist sustainable 3D printer filament company, in a bid to reduce our environmental impact and provide affordable, green 3D printing solutions.
Using advanced 3D printing technology, and our innovative range of filaments made from recycled 3D printing materials, we produce high-quality, cost-effective and sustainable 3D designs. We offer sustainable 3D printing services from both FDM and SLA 3D printers as well as SLS machines to guarantee you’re getting the exact product you want. All three types of our 3D printers offer different styles and benefits which need to be considered in the final printing stages; we can discuss with you which 3D printer is best suited to your specific requirements, and use our wealth of knowledge to recommend the most effective path for your 3D printing project.
As a manufacturing partner of 3D Hubs, the worlds largest network of manufacturing services; 3D Folkes is a brand you can be confident that you can trust. You can rely on our 3D printing expertise to help develop your ideas into reality; whether you’re creating prototypes for product development, accurate models to check a parts fit before investing heavily in tooling or small production runs, we can adapt our 3D printing know-how to suit your exact needs.
This form of 3D printing is the most common and widely used 3D printing process due to its low cost and fast design; FDM is recommended for rapid prototyping or for the testing of products.
The SLA printing process is more complex than FDM, which can be both its most attractive and unattractive feature, as it offers more detail but at a slower rate. This 3D printing process should be used when you require high precision and a smooth surface finish – if detail is a priority, SLA is the way to go.
Click here for more info ➔
SLS 3D printing is an additive manufacturing technique that uses a laser to sinter metal powders, as well as other powdered materials to bind materials and create fully functional parts without the need for support structures. SLS prints have a grainy surface finish which can be sanded down. Perfect for one-off jobs, small-batch and low volume production.
Find out more about our SLS 3D printing services here ➔
At 3D Folkes, we pride ourselves on delivering high-quality and sustainable local 3D printing services.
- Sustainable Manufacturing – We are a local 3D printing company that cares about the environment. Not only do our manufacturing methods reduce energy usage, we use recycled filaments on all of our 3D printing projects.
- In-house Recycling – In further efforts to reduce our carbon footprint and plastic waste, we have installed a facility for recycling our eco-friendly 3D printing filament in-house.
- Rapid Prototyping – We offer a 2-day turnaround on rapid prototyping projects!
- Quality Assured – We are proud members of 3D Hubs, and complete all jobs in strict accordance with the 3D Hubs code of practice. Our recycled filament is rigorously tested before use, and all completed jobs undergo a thorough 5 point quality check.
- Affordable Prices – Less wastage means less cost!