Here at 3D Folkes, we do all we can to ensure you’re getting the best 3D printing service on the market. You can rely on our 3D printing expertise to help develop your ideas into reality. Whether you’re creating prototypes for product development, accurate models to check a parts fit before investing heavily in tooling or small production runs, we can adapt our 3D printing know-how to suit your needs.
We offer 3D printing from both FDM and SLA 3D printers as well as SLS machines to guarantee you’re getting the exact product you want. Furthermore as a manufacturing partner of 3D Hubs, the worlds largest network of manufacturing services; we're a brand you can be confident that you can trust. These 3D printers offer different styles and benefits which need to be considered in the final printing stages; we can discuss with you which 3D printer is best suited to your specific requirements, and use our wealth of knowledge to recommend the most effective path for your 3D printing project.
At 3D Folkes, we are proud to be one of the few UK 3D printing companies offering environmentally friendly 3D printing services. Eco-friendly 3D filament is an alternative to the traditional plastic 3D filaments used by most companies, as it is made from recycled, and often biodegradable 3D printing materials. Using state of the art 3D printing technology, and an innovative range of filaments made from recycled 3D printing materials allows us to produce high-quality, cost-effective 3D designs.
Fused Deposition Modelling
This form of 3D printing is the most common and widely used 3D printing process due to its low cost and fast design; FDM is recommended for rapid prototyping or for the testing of products. To help you distinguish which 3D printing service is appropriate for you, we have compiled the basic comparison characteristics:
- Fast print speed and lead time
- Equipped to deal with large models – up to 750mm x 750mm x 500mm
- Good for batch production runs
- Uses thin layers of material to achieve a 3D object
- Low cost
- A larger choice of colours and RECYCLED materials including:
- ASA (similar properties to ABS with UV resistance)
- Carbon Fibre
The SLAprinting process is more complex than FDM however this can be its most attractive and unattractive feature as it offers more detail but at a slower rate. This 3D printing process should be used when you require high precision and a smooth surface finish – if detail is a priority, SLA is the way to go. As well as standard resins, we’re also able to produce parts in flexible, durable, castable and high temp resin. SLA offers:
- Intricate detail
- Precision when creating casting moulds to be used in mass-production
- Higher-dimensional accuracy
- Use of a laser to harden liquid resin to be formed into layers
- Much smoother finish
Selective Laser Sintering
Selective Laser Sintering is an additive manufacturing technique, that uses a laser to sinter metal powders, as well as other powdered materials to bind materials and create fully functional parts without the need for support structures. Perfect for one-off jobs, small-batch and low volume production, the benefits of SLS include:
- Much stronger than FDM and SLA
- Grainy surface
- Doesn’t require support material so no support removal marks
- Capable of producing more complex geometries than other methods
Benefits of 3D Printing
3D printing is still relatively new. The main benefit of having a local 3D printing company so easily available is that it allows both amateur and professional designers to produce 3D models; rather than just manufacturers. This gives everyone the freedom to create, due to local 3D printing being:
- Low in cost
- Easily accessible – having a 3D printing company on your doorstep makes it much more efficient
- Speedy – our orders are completed within 1-2 days
- Customizable – you gain complete design freedom
- Easier to recycle– opting for a local 3D printing means you’re in control of material use
- Less wasteful – fewer raw materials are wasted than in the traditional mass manufacturing process
Why Choose 3D Folkes?
At 3D Folkes, we pride ourselves on delivering high-quality, local 3D printing services; orders are completed as quickly as possible, on average within 1-2 days – perfect for rapid prototyping.
Get a Quote
If you’re looking for an affordable 3D printing service, contact us today for an instant quote! Email us at email@example.com or call us on 0333 335 0150 for further information on our 3D printing, 3D scanning, CAD design and 3D printer repair services.